JUVARE is a worldwide leader in emergency preparedness and critical incident management and response technology. Juvare solutions empower government agencies, corporations, healthcare facilities, academic institutions, and volunteer organizations to leverage real-time data to manage incidents faster and more efficiently, protecting people, property, and brands.
JUVARE Mission Statement: Juvare’s mission is to strengthen and optimize information sharing to empower preparedness and response professionals to protect people, property, and brands.
JUVARE Core Values: Client Focused (Maximize positive client impact.), Courageous (Be bold. Speak up. Take action.) and Curious (Embrace the art of the possible.)
JUVARE Value Statement: Juvare means “to help.” We believe that by partnering with our clients to understand the challenges they face, and pursuing solutions with curiosity and courage, we will maximize the positive impact we have on the preparedness and response community, and those they serve around the world.
JUVARE Tagline: Prepare. Connect. Respond.
The Senior Java Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of market leading Java based applications used before, during and after emergency management situations. You will be part of a team that practices a disciplined development methodology and will interact directly with our Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Support Specialists to develop effective, reliable, and scalable solutions in an Agile, test-driven environment. We are looking for a self-directed individual who also functions well in a team environment. You should have a passion for working with clients to solve their business and support challenges.
This position involves full stack development for SaaS software hosted in AWS. Technologies include, but are not limited to: Java, Spring, JPA, REST, JSON, ReactJS, TypeScript, JQuery, JUnit, SQL/relational databases, and Tomcat.
Reports To: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Downtown, Atlanta, GA
- Full stack development, including database, services, and front end.
- Develop high quality code and automated tests.
- Follow Agile development best practices, including planning, grooming & estimation, review, and retrospectives.
- Peer review other team member's work and provide constructive feedback.
- Learn development tools and programming techniques, participate in educational opportunities and apply gained knowledge in daily work.
- Evaluate newly emerging technologies and participate in business decisions regarding technologies to implement.
- Share business and technical knowledge across teams.
- Support team member and peer professional growth through coaching and providing educational opportunities.
- Develop collaborative relationships with team members and key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Troubleshoot escalated client support issues.
- Work with DevOps to continuously improve product environments and automated build/deployment process.
- Evaluate product health by using monitoring and load testing solutions, reviewing penetration testing reports.
- Follow OWASP and other security best practices to develop reliable solutions.
- Comply with Juvare policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years’ technical software development experience with a minimum of 5 years of Java development experience.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Programming methodologies, data structures and design.
- Experience using Spring frameworks for O/R Mapping and Dependency Injection.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Able to write effective unit and integration tests.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g.: Jenkins) and environment deploy & orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, etc.) preferred.
- Experience supporting highly available solutions in Azure or AWS preferred.
- Able to troubleshoot problems by reviewing logs and debugging.
- Experience with cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance, scalability, maintainability, and supportability.
- Demonstrated analytical and methodical problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality.
- Easily and quickly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Passion to deliver outstanding client service.