About the Role
You will design, develop and maintain the architecture of all Lumeta products. This position will demonstrate expertise of the Lumeta product suite, are the core designers of the systems, and are involved in scalability or stability problems. Primary responsibilities will include designing, developing, and maintaining object-oriented, multi-tiered systems using Java/Spring and other development platforms.
- Have a global view of the entire Lumeta Spectre Platform.
- Lead and execute all phases of software application projects (analysis, design, programming, deployment, and documentation) including resolving issues and ensuring successful deployment.
- Develop software applications and acts as a technical resource to other team members for difficult architecture and development problems.
- Leads detailed design, development and integration efforts for all system components.
- Responsible for producing architecture documentation and specifications.
- Researches, recommends and communicates emerging technologies to solve product problems.
- Troubleshoots applications and quickly solves production issues.
- Acquires the appropriate business knowledge needed to deliver on product goals & requirements.
- Mentor other Developers in coding practices, architecture, packaging, etc.
- Lead the use of standard practices and ensure adherence by all team members & contractors.
- Communicates the architectural vision to the development team and others when needed.
- Work closely with all development teams to share techniques.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 8 or more years of object oriented software development experience using multiple languages
- Extremely strong coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions and object-oriented design
- Experience with SQL, No-SQL. A big plus if you can build simple web front ends to demo new data-based features
- Strong experience in developing data-driven platform technologies, including: data modeling, data collection and aggregation, data mining, and analytics
- Extremely strong core Java coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions
- Outstanding problem solving skills. Someone that is able to pick apart software, analyze it and become a subject matter expert on it.
- Linux experience
- Flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a positive attitude and work well with others
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Big data experience with Elastic Search (ELK technology) and or Hadoop
- Participate with business and engineering team members in the development of new software projects in a start up minded environment
- Expertise in the area of networking (Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, Palo Alto, etc)
- Familiarity with the 7 layer OSI model and TCP/IP networking