Senior Java Software Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
About the position
This position is responsible for the analysis, design, development, and implementation of automations in the firm's document processing platform (IDEA) utilizing Java, open source, and commercial OCR and automated document classification engines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of workflow automations in the firm's Java/JBoss/JBPM document processing platform
- Development of document recognition automation and OCR utilizing commercial OCR and classification engines
- Development of image processing automation solutions
- Advise on architectural strategies and best practice approaches.
- Provide regular updates of project progress and outstanding issues.
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with the external partners, other IT, and business users.
- Refactor existing code
- Technical Skills
- Java Developer (5+ years) with document and/or content management and automation system experience
- Spring Framework
- JBoss Framework
- Bash/Linux scripting
- MySQL and SQL experience in general
- OCR engine experience (desired, but not required)
- XML , Flat Files (CSV, Fixed-Width)
- MongoDB experience (desired, but not required)
- Web Services (REST)
- Deep experience with best practices in development and architectural styles such as Micro Services, cloud based architecture
- Experience with AWS a big plus, but not essential
- Insurance, Financial, Retail, and/or Logistics industries
- Working with a Team of Skilled Developers
- Experience with Multiple Departments
- Offshore development
- Agile / Scrum
- Bachelor's Degree or Java Certification