Senior Java Software Engineer collaborates with architects to build mobile applications, business integration, and web services that will meet a client’s needs from beginning to end. Senior developers have worked in Software for more than 7 years, and require little direction.
Location: Norfolk, VA on-site
Internal Job Title: Developer Advisor OR Solutions Engineer Advisor Sr.
Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; with 7 or more yearsrelated experience; multi-platform experience, expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Develop software using Java EE.
- Support development of complex front-end logic.
- Work closely with front-end developers to integrate solutions.
- Communicate with non-programming staff to help them understand the solution.
- Perform tasks with little direction, capable of creating design patterns.
- Identify and communicate risks.
- Lead requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other team as necessary.
- Develops owns list of final enhancements.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Consuming of both SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Implementation of RESTful web services, Micro services and event driven architecture
- Able to provide direction and coaching to junior colleagues.
- Consult with front-end developers and other technical teams in order to ensure successful integration of solutions.
Required education and experience
- Five + (Seven+for Advisor Sr. level) years’ experience developing software.
- Object oriented design and domain modeling skills is a must.
- Hands-on with exposure and experience in a wide variety of Java technologies withspecific expertise in Spring or Java EE
- Experience with SQL.
- Experienced in building various integrations, such as web services, queues, batch
- Knowledge of handling distributed transactions, compensating transactions
- Knowledge of Mongo DB
- Consumption and design of RESTful APIs
- Pattern-driven development and Agile Scrum development
- Experience in preparing TDD/BDD, Unit testing, including mocking
- Debugging tools
- Git, Maven, other CI/CD tools
- Strong verbal communication skills, both with colleagues and customers, with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Effective in conveying ideas and messages, both formally and informally, clearly, concisely and accurately.