- Evaluating and recommending environment improvements as well as newer processes, methods, and tools
- Support our new and existing production clients by developing quality software per given requirements
- Collaborate with other development or operational departments to conduct error research, debugging, and resolution
- Interface with customers directly to gather requirements, review technical specifications, troubleshoot systems, etc.
- Prepare work plans for Production deployments
- Create and/or maintain technical documentation
- Support external departments that maintain our Production environment
- Ability to support 24x7 on-call rotation
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of previous related experience.
- Highly experienced in the following: Java, JEE, Spring, Spring MVC, iBatis (or Hibernate) Servlet, JSP, XML/XSL, Struts 2, and Tiles.
- Thorough understanding of design patterns and object oriented programming principles.
- Experience with Front End Development (HTML5/CSS3/AJAX)
- Knowledge of J2EE Application Servers (tcServer, Tomcat).
- Experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MS SQL or IBM DB2.
- Experience with cross-platform (PC/Mac, desktop, laptop, tablet) and cross-browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) development
- Experience using IDE’s such as STS, Eclipse, and WebStorm
- CSS tools such as SASS & Compass
- Experience with Git and Bitbucket.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver detail in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated test execution and building tools such as Jenkins and Selenium.
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Siesta and JUnit.
- Experience with Subversion version source system.