As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a customer focused, hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in SoCal.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development lifecycle in our industry
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners, and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware, and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a software pre-sales expert promoting devops and/or development tools
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required.
- Comfortable in Java, with significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework is a very strong asset
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good command of spoken and written English