Piper Companies is partnering with a leading edge software and application development service firm specializing in mission driven solutions that address complex business processes and technology challenges. We practice CMMI ML3 processes and delivery solutions and are an innovative mission oriented technology company focused on complex business and technical challenges, ensuring solutions support the achievement of your mission. Our team creates software solutions that help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. We are instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform application development and support
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
- Design modification and execution of solution
- Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Data quality and data management
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
- Disaster recovery testing
- Provide support of critical production issues
- Work well on small, high-performing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline
- 7 years of software engineering experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
- Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Desirable technologies: Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch
Compensation for the Senior Java Engineer include:
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $135,000/year
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Federal Holidays, 401k Match