Senior Java Engineer
We are hiring a senior software developer with these values who is interested in building innovative fin-tech solutions.
At Nasdaq, we're reimagining the markets of tomorrow and our Global Technology department is responsible for developing leading technology to support our vision.
As part of the Engineering team, you will beresponsiblefor designing and delivering high quality solutions using best practices within a strong development team.
If you have a strong Object-Oriented and core Java foundation, are detail oriented, methodical, take pride in your work, and enjoy investigating new technologies this job is right for you. We expect you to:
- Take part in the architectural and infrastructural design of our applications
- Implement complex designs with quality.
- Communicate complex concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view
- Education Required: Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- ExperienceRequired 5+ years
- Java experience 4+ years
Requirements and Tools:
- Very strong foundation in alogrithms and data structures
- Good Communication Skills
- Strong OO Foundation
- Strong knowledge of Java using the latest SDKS and tools
- JSON, RESTful web-services
- Experience with any of these: Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Spring Boot, Web UI, Cloud technologies
- Testing frameworks: jUnit, JMockit, Mockito, Arquillian or similar
- Good understanding of micro service architecture
- Agile Methodologies
- CI tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Professional experience developing high performance, scalable, complex systems
- Financial market development background a plus
- Experience writing low latency Java code
- Comfortable using Test Driven Development methodologies