Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI's foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you'll belong and be encouraged.
This individual will be a member of OCI's (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) engineering organization operating a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. The ideal candidate will be highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual should be proficient at operating in a SaaS, Cloud or Hybrid cloud environment.
As a Senior Engineer, this individual should have the ability to understand complex problems and strike a good balance between business goals and technical implementations. This is a collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities. On a given day this position offers opportunities to develop new features, troubleshoot production, design and implement runtime monitoring, testing, auditing or metrics gathering.Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years of advanced programming in Java
- Strong sense for API design. Experience with Swagger / OpenAPI
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with containers and supporting orchestration systems. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with coding in Python and or Go
- Experience with configuration management systems, such as Chef, Ansible
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools, such as Terraform
- Strong commitment to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups.
- Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Experience with DNS
- Experience implementing cloud solutions
- Experience with Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket
- Experience with Database as a Service
- Worked with JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, REST, TLS and HTTP
- Knowledge of DevOps
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.