At COFENSE, we're searching for amazing engineers to join our team. Our company provides end-to-end cyber defense solutions that help protect organizations and their employees from the vast and growing threatposted by phishing-related attacks. We're expanding rapidly and looking for talented individuals, like you, that care about building excellent products and solving complex problems.
The Senior Java Engineer is responsible for wearing multiple hats from viewing the architectural approach with a critical eye, to making implementation decisions and proactively communicating this with the team.
- Understanding the approach and design decisions and creating an implementation that supports overall design.
- Working withother engineers on the team, particularly more junior engineers through pair programming, open communications, and collaboration.
- Actively participate in our Agile development life-cycle, including planning and grooming, stand-up, and retrospectives.
- Proactively perform code reviews, give feedback, and ask questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills or abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with COFENSE will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. COFENSE reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as S3, RDS, and SQS
- Knowledge and experience using Docker
- Knowledge and experience using Spring and Hibernate
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Ability to comfortably develop code for and debug remote systems
- Collaborates with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively communicate implementation decisions at various levels
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast moving team
- Been an active member of an Agile team (running Scrum and Kanban) preferred
- Willingness and ability to mentor other team members preferred
Qualities We Care Deeply About:
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Love to share and collaborate what you have learned
- Passion for shipping and to hold yourself and others accountable
Why Working With Us Is Awesome:
- People - smart, energetic and collaborative
- Benefits - competitive salary along with 401k (w/company match), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Telecommute - flexible, remote-first teams and a monthly telecom expense reimbursement
- Impact - working on products that are used by hundreds of companies in the Fortune listings
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
Location- US Telecommute, Only
COFENSE is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.