Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a fast-paced agile driven extreme programming environment with focus on test driven development and CI/CD
- Provide technical/architectural solutions to the team for solving complex business problems
- Translate documented requirements/stories from Rally into object oriented pattern based code in Java, Spring framework
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to guide and mentor junior developers on various tasks
- Maintain and support existing systems and services
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor of Science preferred with 4+ years professional Development experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Java / J2EE object oriented pattern based development experience or other OO languages & concepts. As well as a strong desire to learn and a "can do" attitude".
- Experience with XML/XSD, JSON, SOAP UI, UML, Eclipse, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Gitlab. Along with, experience with cloud based technologies preferably cloud foundry and/or AWS.
- Experience with delivering projects in agile environment using SCRUM/XP methodologies, in addtion to experience working on open source frameworks like Spring Batch, Cloud, MVC and Spring Boot
- Prior webservices development experience with SOAP or REST services is a plus, along with Hadoop, No SQL / Big Dataexperience and or Kafka are additional nice to haves.
- PL SQL Developer, Oracle / SQL Server, NoSQL databases