We have an immediate opening for a Senior Java Engineer with expertise in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems in Java. Experience in Scala is a huge plus, but not required.
The Senior Java Engineer will join an existing engineering team as a key resource in the architecture, design, and development of custom software systems with batch processing and large data streams. This role will support the transition of current operations into a layered, tiled infrastructure as well as supportAgile teams across multiple components within big data environments.
Our client is a global leader in mobile navigation communications and is currently building custom software infrastructure to support cutting-edge, autonomous driving and mapping technology. They are thoroughly invested in and focused on next-generation, high-tech solutions. This is your chance to work on and genuinely contribute to new technology.
Interviewing right now and the right person will get an offer very quickly.
Location: Chicago, IL. This role is perfect for someone who is local to Chicago or would like to relocate to this great city! At this point, the client will not cover traveling expenses. This is a traditional, on-site role. Remote work will not be an option.
Senior Java Engineer
Direct hire is a possibility for the right candidate.
- 5 to 8years of experience as Senior Java Engineer or Architect.
- Hands-on experience in organizing scalable, mission-critical systems, especially within a cloud environment.
- Must have experience building distributed systems or middleware in a multi-threaded environment.
- Experience with job scheduling in distributed environments is essential. Candidates who have experience with Aurora or the Mesos framework are given preference.
- Experience with RESTful message passing and web services is required. Experience with Amazon Web Services is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to or experience with Scala and the Akka framework is highly preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
If interested, please send us an updated resume and we will set up a time to discuss.
You must be able to legally work in the United States, NO sponsorship will be provided.