In this role you will
- We will look for you to make the most of your senior-level expertise in DevOps applications by managing a team charged with developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems.
- We will rely on you to increase our understanding of how we can use data to help clients by building effective ways to monitor product health, business metrics and consumer’s usage patterns.
- We require you to keep projects on track by communicating with project managers, spotting potential issues, and generating realistic estimates of costs and time.
- We will have you recruit, mentor, build and motivate the IT teams that will positively impact our business
Bring invention to investing
You’ll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you’ll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong, proven analysis and analytical skills
- Strong planning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement instrumentation to capture business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
SPECIALIZATIONS THAT’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Advanced with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines – Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, GIT, etc
- Experience with developing Java REST services – Spring, Jersey
- Experience with test automation and test driven development practices and frameworks – mutation testing, functional testing (NodeJS, Jasmine, JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, and patterns is a preferred
- Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering standard methodologies
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.