We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Join us for an exclusive networking event in Moncton on April 24.
? Explore current and future opportunities with CGI
? Meet directly with hiring managers and our Moncton leadership team
? Experience why CGI was named as a Top Employer in 2018 and a certified as a Great Place
to Work in Canada
? Indulge in food and beverages
? Experience our commitment
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency
applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Ensure designs that are in compliance with specifications.
• Prepare and produce releases of software components.
• Work seamlessly with geographically distributed teams.
• Work with the Agile project manager and help establish sprint activities and tasks.
• Participate in the daily standup and provide status updates, contribute to team meetings.
• Provide and recommend innovative solutions to complex architectural issues.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and
presenting these for architectural review.
• Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
• Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent work
• At least 5 years proven recent/current working experience in Java development
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Knowledge of JSP/JSF or doing UI development in modern Java frameworks such as Angular
will be required
• Knowledge of JBOSS, JUnit is good to have
• Experience in SQL Server/Oracle or other RDBMS technologies is a must have
• Experience in the Spring Framework is a must have
• Experience in Linux/Unix is nice to have
• Experience in Spring Boot, Bootstrap, TypeScript is a nice to have
• Experience with SDLC tools, frameworks and methodologies
• Experience working with AGILE teams and tools including but not limited to - JIRA,
Confluence, Crucible - will be considered an asset
• Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer is a nice to have
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Be able to learn fast and work through the leading edge technology quirks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
• Good time management and organizational skills
Position ID: J0418-1231