The Senior Developer is a senior leader on the development team and is responsible for implementing the technical architecture, analysis of current issues and developing proposed solutions by utilizing best practices and modern technologies that enable our continued business needs and growth. This role requires close partnerships and collaboration with senior developers, business stakeholders and technology management.
- Must be a hands-on technical development resource and mentor for other developers on the team
- Able to create and drive implementations of designs for large complex technology systems
- Analyze technology environment, focusing on current issues and proposing solutions
- Create prototype solutions, participate in technology selection process
- Support project management in planning and resource utilization
- Lead teams in new feature development as well as maintenance
- Knowledgeable about current distributed technologies with applied experience
- Ensures high quality and testable solutions are implemented
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of highly technical and analytical Java development experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and other Spring technologies
- 3+ years’ experience with Kafka streaming or JMS or other messaging technologies
- Experience with relational and distributed data stores (e.g. Oracle 12c, Cassandra, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, and/or Information Systems
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.