What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent.
- Develop and sustain the growth of global development teams. Specific responsibilities include collecting / understanding the business problem, perform detailed HLA, lower level design and communicate / coordinate with the global teams to ensure successful implementation
- Understand Verizon growth area in network evolution for SDN (Software Defined Network) & NFV (Network Function Virtualization), co-ordinate with vendor for network transformational programs.
- Design & develop MPLS, SNMP, CLI, and TL1 technology based framework for various provisioning & activation engine.
- Perform code reviews for both performance and mandatory compliance (ex: malicious content) on the code delivered by the global teams and maintain the software integrity.
- Monitor / troubleshoot IT application performance in the production environment to ensure high availability and efficient performance. Responsibility also includes in identifying areas of weakness in code and tune them appropriately
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in AWS Cloud infrastructure.
- Hands on experience in developing micro services using Java, SpringBoot, NodeJS.
- Knowledge and experience with the Agile development process and DevOps tool chain like Confluence, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, and SonarQube.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
- Working experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
- Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
- Experience with SDN/NFV and Telecommunications.