This role is an opportunity to be a team member on TD Ameritrade’s industry-leading active trading platform, thinkorswim.
Provide technical leadership and release production code that is depended on by thousands of investors worldwide, on a platform that drives significant revenue for the company.
Become a subject matter expert on our complex charting system, and specialize in developing market insights with the thinkscript DSL.
Provide mentorship for junior developers and drive best practices.
- Develops scalable software/system design.
- Understands system topology and develops knowledge in financial domain.
- Leads complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation.
- Effectively communicate complex design solutions to technical and non-technical team members.
- Interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
- Lead the troubleshooting of complex problems in development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Mentors junior developers, drives best development practices, and serves as a subject matter expert on the module.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 5+ Years of Java, J2EE or web/internet based programming experience (both client and server side)
- 5+ Experience with OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real time processing, relational database systems, messaging systems
- Experience with compilers or DSLs preferred
- Experience with concurrency & multi-threading preferred
- Experience with scaling, Java Garbage Collection, and performance tuning preferred
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns (GoF)
- Experience with agile, test-driven development
- Experience with complex UI architectures
- Experience with application development frameworks like Spring
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with build, deploy and test automation tools like Ant, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, Junit, TestNG, JaCoCo or similar tools
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Experience in developing APIs and Frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.