Candidates must have strong technical skills and competencies in multiple technologies including Java/J2EE and Web Services. In addition, candidate must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide technical leadership in Scrum Teams by enforcing the vision of the application architecture and safeguard the integrity of the application environment, in alliance with architects and other tech leads
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
- Function as subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth in their knowledge of the business, technologies, applications, integration and interfaces
- Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation
Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
- Mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices
- Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners
Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
- Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support areas
- Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision
Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of independence but is also a team player
- 7+ years of programming / systems analysis and industry specific business expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Hands-on experience with Java and J2EE technologies, such as, Java Web Services, JMS, JSP, XML, JDBC etc.
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP and Rest)
- Experience with technologies like Angular, BootStrap etc a plus.
- Experience working in the security domain a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Technologies a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL
- Experience with Weblogic and JBoss
- Familiar with GIT
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Demonstrate advanced business and technical acumen for applications
- Demonstrate skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines
Strong relationship building skills
- Exceptional Communication skills - written and verbal