The Senior Java Developer will join the newly formed Back Office Books and Records agile team within TD Ameritrade’s Core Technology Group. The developer will work in a highly team oriented environment to design and build solutions to support a wide variety of business and client needs. The role will be focused primarily on the development of RESTful service and real-time messaging based applications, but may also include large scale batch processing applications and UI development.
- Main Accountability 1: System and product design.
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which require research and analysis.
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Main Accountability 2: Execute solutions.
- Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, validatesecurity features, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Main Accountability 3: Provide leadership to more juniorassociates.
- Recognized as a SME on a particular system, aspect or module of a system.
- Mentors more junior developers.
- May lead projects as needed.
- 5+ Years Related Experience
- 5-7 Years Total Experience
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns (Gang of Four)
- 5+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
- 5+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred
- Full knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience working withnetworking programming and sockets preferred
- Financial services experiencepreferred
- 5+ years of Java programming experience using Spring frameworkrequired
- 5+ years of REST API development experiencepreferred
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated experienceworking with core business logic within applications
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills