Sierra-Cedar is seeking motivated and experienced Senior Java Developer to join our Public Sector business unit. If you are keen to align with a talented group of seasoned tech vets and leverage your Java expertise on exciting projects, we want to speak with you! As an Oracle Platinum Partner with over 20years of consulting history, Sierra-Cedar is a recognized leader in this arena and our Public Sector practice is growing. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits.
This project requires a local Olympia, WA resource. Non-local candidates who are open to relocation are also acceptable.
- Design and document software/integration components based on solution architecture and functional specification
- Code and test enterprise applications
- Work in a team environment using a structured development process
- Rich communication with team on project progress, issues, and risks
- Participate in team review for functional specification, technical design and code review
- Design and develop web services and web applications using Java.
- Create simple database objects and queries in support of the Java code developed.
- Configure Java security.
- Document design decisions, development environment and deployment procedures.
- Present design, source code and techniques used
- 8+ years of software development experience in J2EE
- Justice, Public Safety and/or State & Local Government experiencepreferred
- Hands on experience with WAS, WebSphere MQ and Eclipse and/or IBM RAD
- Solid design and development experience in:
- JMS, WebSphere MQ, SOAP and RESTful Web Services, Spring Web Services, AJAX, JAXB, XML/ XSLT
- JPA, Hibernate, JDBC
- Struts, EJB, JUnit, Ant/ Maven
- Excellent software design skills, proven through industry experience and well documented design
- Exceptional application implementation skills, proven through various software development projects
- Solid understanding of J2EE/JEE architecture
- Experience in analysis and application design using Design Patterns and UML
- Experience in application performance optimization and tuning, SQL query optimization and Caching
- Experience with Code Reviews and preparing and executing test cases / test scripts
- Experience with Agile and RUP methodologies
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience with WebSphere ESB is highly desirable
- Hands on experience with DB2. Working knowledge with other relational databases like MS SQL Server and Oracle is desirable
Sierra-Cedar delivers industry-focused client solutions including deployment, management, and optimization of enterprise applications and technology. We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), Health, Disability, and Life. Sierra-Cedar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.