Purpose of Job:
The Software Engineer will be hands on to perform the fowlloing tasks
- Design, development, testing, scheduling and support of Risk Application, the candidate should have strong Java background and is able to pick up different tool or ETL tool per reqiurment by the technical solution.
- Second level support of code that are running in produciton
- Follow the proper SDLC and develop and maintin docucumentation and respond to Audit
- Design, develop, implement, integrate, test, optimize and support technical solutions across multiple platforms, environments (the application is JS based and will reqiure ETL skills as well.)
- Work in a team enviornment with product owner and business Analyst and is able to articulate the technical solution to the team and business.
- Contribute to the strategic roadmap migrating applications to Hadoop Environment
- Create tools in order to enhance production stability, availability, efficiency and reliability. Capability of creating automation framework is a plus.
- Assess and document the structure, quality, and compliance of data sources and coordinate with business and technical team to identify and resolve issues.
- Document ETL processes, programs and solutions as per established standards.
The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives directions from the Senior Manager and Project Managers. The incumbent is expected to function independently to develop ETL solutions with cutting-edge technologies and to ensure that the department's objectives are met.
The applications developed and supported require a high level of availability and integrity where the consequence of system failure would expose the Bank to a significant loss or undue risk.
The incumbent must have excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively resolve problems in dynamic and demanding environment.
- Good knowledge with Java, batch process is a must. Knowledge and experience with ETL tool, such as Informatica, Datastage, SAS, SSIS. Familiar with Phtyon and R will be a plus. Experience developing and tuning complex PL/SQL queries.
- Familiar with source-to-target mappings, test plans and other technical design/development documentation used in the bank.
- Great communication and leadership. The incumbent is responsible for development of medium-to-high complexity projects and act as relation manager for the application he/she owns.
- Knowledge/Experience of Hadoop Ecosystem will be a great asset
- The incumbent is also responsible for providing second to third level support to designated applications within the unit. Therefore good interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
- The incumbent must have extensive knowledge of most aspects of IT practices as well as a detailed understanding of systems architecture, business analysis and application development. General knowledge on financial industry, bank's products and services will be a huge plus.
A post graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering is desirable, along with at least 3-5 years of practical experience in software development.
Requisition ID: 14304