Fraud Technology Team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented Senior Programmer Analyst to join the Fraud Services and Integration Team. This team is responsible for building the Fraud Services layer that can be accessed by all technology groups within the bank.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
- Assist in the analysis of business requirements in order to establish the technical feasibility of proposed initiatives .
- Participate in design discussions focused on scalability, design and implementation best practices.
- Work with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Ensure a timely delivery of quality products/functions which meet end-user requirements and that are developed following Bank of Nova Scotia’s (BNS) development standards and methodology.
- Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no impact to existing code base.
- Work in a development team comprising both BNS staff and external consulting resources as required.
- Deal effectively with external vendors, external business partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate with departmental application development team members, management, and with the wider Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) Architecture Office.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have 3 to 5 years of software development working experience in Core Java programming and development of Web Services (REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA).
- Development on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and is capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives.
- Have the ability to build and foster strong interpersonal relationships with team members and peers.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Have innovative approaches to developing process improvements and solutions; ability to convey and promote these ideas.
It will be also cool if you have:
- Experience in Agile methodology and environment
- Test Driven Development
- Spring Boot Experience
- Using Build tools: Gradle, maven
- Using Source control tool : Git
- Fraud tools or Financial Industry experience an asset
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field.