- Development and Implementation of organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
- This individual will be expected to take direction from the customer and assist in developing lifecycle documentation in addition to required coding. This role requires strong experience with modern tools and environments (e.g. Web services, Version Control, Bug/Issue Tracking tools etc.)
- This position allows for partial telecommute.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years technical experience as applied to system analysis and design techniques for application development using various technologies.
- Applicant must have 5+ years’ experience performing web application development.
- Applicant should have solid skills in: Java, Object Oriented Design and Oracle/MSSQL - one measure is Industry recognized certification.
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies.
- To be considered for this position, applicant must be able to pass a government background check.
- Strong experience with Spring, Struts, JPA/Hibernate, JBoss and other open source Application Server Platforms.
- Communication skills to present ideas effectively and ability to build prototypes using new Technologies and Frameworks to improve the way we build solutions.
- Experience with writing Technical White Papers to present ideas and System Design and Architecture Documents.
- Experience with website usability and 508 accessibility development is very desirable, JUnit, Ant, Linux, and Continuous Integration is desirable.
- Experience with Liferay Hooks and Themes is desirable.