Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Morgan Stanley is looking for an experienced JAVA developer to work on the build out of the Structured Products Platform. Engaging with Sales, Trading, Financial Engineering and Quantitative Strategists in New York, the developer will be expected to have or build out a strong understanding of the Structured Products Business and interact with users on a day to day basis as well as have a sound technical background. Capturing requirements, carrying out analysis on new tasks, implementing, and owning the delivery of the change all the way to production will be part of their responsibilities.
With a strong focus on process automation across the business line globally, candidates will be working on automating existing workflows and pricing tools. The ability to be able to make important strategic design decisions based on both their technical and business knowledge will be key and required in order to be successful in the role. With a lean team in New York, they will also need to look at the system as a whole and be able to debug and understand problems whether they are server or client side. There is little or no separation between QA/BAs/Developers, so the role will be hands on, desk facing, owning changes all the way from inception to deployment in production.
- Core Java
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environment
- Track record working with Equity, Fixed Income or Derivatives/Structured Products systems and business lines
- Track record working directly with Sales, Trading, Financial Engineering, etc.
- Track record of complete lifecycle management including design, coding and deployment
- Track record working with and managing multiple dependencies across systems.
- KDB Knowledge would also be an advantage
- Experience in testing automation
- Experience working with a global business and tech team