A multinational bank and financial services company offering retail, corporate and investment banking as well as wealth management is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join their team in New York. This firm believes that to better understand their employee's needs they must better understand their employees.
This firm recognizes each employee wears many hats and takes on countless responsibilities; in turn they give back to their employees. They offer a flexible work environment and incredible benefits. This firm also believes in the power of networking, learning for life and giving back to the community.
This candidate will lead and support the delivery of solutions that enhance Employee Compliance. The focus will be on implementation of applications to capture and report employee activity such as Hierarchical User Entitlements, Mandatory block leave and Gifts and entertainment. Candidate will oversee offshore team mostly based in India.
- Design, implement and enhance J2EE applications
- Translate functional and technical requirements into IT solutions
- Develop fully functional modules that meet all the specifications and have successfully passed all tests including unit, integration, regression and system tests
- Responsible for the technology implementation of changes and mentoring more junior team members
- Coordinate with other onshore and off-shore developers, deliver working code
- Tier-3 support and production releasesupport- Respond promptly to requests from the support team in order to resolve user queries and handle technical issues that are out of scope for the support staff.
- Create system documentation
- Conduct peer reviews and provide documented constructive feedback
- Must be able to work with global and multi-disciplinary delivery teams. Demonstrate ability to manage communications across multiple regions and significant time-zone gaps.
- Providing thought leadership and leading by example
- Ensure that deliveries are completed as per stakeholder expectations, on schedule, as per regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years relevant technical experience working for a large enterprise.
- 8+ years of hands on experience in Java technologies including Core Java, Spring (MVC, Integration, Quartz, Batch), JMS, jBPM, Hibernate, application servers/containers (JBoss, Tomcat or others)
- 7+ years of hands on experience with Restful Services
- 5+ years of experience in Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server and PL/SQL
- 3+ years Experience working in a Unix Environment
- 3+ years experience with Agile methodologies as well as SDLC life-cycles and processes.
- 2+ years experience with software release/build processes (e.g., Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment, Test Driven Development, etc.)
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop software solutions.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to present the findings to the business users.