New York, NY
Less than 5 years
Posted 240 days ago
Morgan Stanley is a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,200 offices in 36 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services. We have an opening in the Structured Products Group that is responsible for the core technologies that process risk, products, and trades for the SPG business. In addition, this includes the operations and data necessary to support pre-trade activity, trade entry, risk/pricing/marking/valuation, inventory/position management, P&L, operations and risk/control functions, regulatory reporting and other details necessary to fully describe the SPG business. The successful candidate requires a very strong technical background as well as ability to work in a team. The candidate should have hands-on experience and he or she will be expected to code and deliver software daily.
- Professional experience: 2-5 years
- Good understanding of project delivery and SDLC
- Development experience in Object- Oriented Analysis and Programming and working with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Strong experience in designing and deploying mission critical, infrastructure software that runs in a real-time, multi-threaded environment.
- Strong Core Java
- Strong Unix / Linux.
- Good knowledge of SOAP / XML / WSDL.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Experience supporting distributed systems in a highly complex, high-urgency environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot / follow a methodical approach to problem resolution.
- Strong interest in the financial business (albeit no prior knowledge is required).
- Good problem-solving, result-focused, can-do attitude and strong focus to keep the business running and competitive.
- Experience of iterative / agile development practices.
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Experience supporting applications in a high-urgency environment
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels.
- Have good communication skills
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual, who can work in a demanding, multi-tasking environment.
- Spring Framework
- Korn shell
-Working knowledge of Fixed Income products and business.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income trading systems.
- Working knowledge of networking.
Skills Proficiency: Mid-Level