Senior Java Developer
Our investment research, tools and solutions are built on the idea that markets, securities, and signals are actionable through analysis. Over the last thirty years, our DWA Research Platform, Dorsey Wright SMA/UMA strategies, indexes, and team of analysts have created more informed, conversations for advisors and their clients.
This dedicated team in Richmond develops and designs websites in a unique environment.
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions toinformation technology needs through new and existing applications, systemsarchitecture and applicationsinfrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
5+ years experience on server-side Java development
- 5+ years experience on SQL and MySQL or equivalent. (Not only writing procs & queries but optimizing them)
- Good knowledge of multi-threaded programming in Java.
- Solid understanding of the Linux OS.
- Experience working with IAAS services in AWS such as EC2,RDS and S3.
- Understanding of version control systems, preferably Git.
- Reviews independently system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs; implements and maintains software solutions and is generally given more difficult technical challenges.
- Determines systems software design requirements.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
- Develops security solutions for assignments increasing in complexity.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Modifies existing internal software products to add to new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency and makes changes as required.
- Ensures that applications are compatible across multiple platforms and browsers.
- Uses deep technical knowledge to design, code, test and/or customize software solutions to meet or exceed client requirements, adding market/industry trends as necessary.
- May be developing as a generalist and become more involved in various aspects of a project including firmware, hardware, architecture, database warehouse and mining, database design and analysis, software development and testing.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- ExperienceRequired: At least 5 years in Java
- Excellent communication skills (Written/oral)Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to complete programming design/implementation
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to identify ad-hoc solutions to emerging business needs