The Senior Java Developer will design, develop, and maintain internal API platform components, RESTful web services, and data transformation processes. They will also be responsible for documenting the API.
This role will report to a Lead Engineer and will be based at Hayneedle's HQ in Omaha, Nebraska.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- Design and implementation of RESTful web service APIs for use by both internal and external developers.
- Design and implement data transformation processes to prepare data for use by the API.
- Follow existing standards and conventions of our API platform and help drive future conventions.
- Partner with other Application Development teams to drive adoption and use of APIs internally.
- Provide production support, including on-callsupport as required.
- Participate in daily agile team standups as well as provide status updates to the API Development Manager.
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, innovations, etc.
- Proactively build your own skill set.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Graduate with a BS and/or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- 5 or more years of web based software development experience in a Java environment
- Experience with Spring (MVC, Boot, etc) required.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience solutioning complex projects required.
- Experience mentoring junior developers required.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Experience as a team lead a plus.
- Experience in framework architecture a plus.
- Hands-on experience developing web services.
- Experience with JSON and XML related Java technologies (i.e. Jackson and/or JAXB) a plus.
- Experience with maven and subversion or git a plus.
- Experience with OAuth a plus.
- Experience with Memcached a plus.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business
- A robust compensation and benefits package, including unlimited time off.