Position Specific Description
Smile you've found us! NextEra Energy Inc Florida Power and Light our people are our greatest asset and our Power Delivery IT team is seeking a full time Senior Java Developer to help take us to the Next Era. In this role you will work in an agile team and collaborate on an on-going basis with other team members. You can expect to analyze, design, develop, test, debug, implement, maintain and/or enhance existing or new systems that are reliable and efficient.
Highly desired technical skills:
- Java 1.8
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Strong SQL and Database experience in Oracle/SQL Server/MongoDB etc
- Restful Web Service and Micro Services
Familiarity with the following will be a plus:
- AWS/Cloud experience
- Hadoop Eco system knowledge: Scala, Kafka, HBase, Spark, Spark Streaming, Hive, and Sqoop.
- Mapping Experience ( OSM, Leaflets, ESRI etc)
Who we are looking for:
- You have a burning passion for innovations and new technologies
- You are a great web developer, built optimal, cost effective and high performing solutions
- You are comfortable with great responsibility and high expectations
- Your experience from working with full-stack development is an advantage
- You have experience working with Micro Services and API
- You have experience in one or more of the areas; Mobility, Mapping, Cloud, AR
- You have worked in Agile teams in the past and collaborated with other team members.
- You have helped and guided junior developers
- You care about the environment and want to work for a company that is in the forefront of renewables
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, click Apply Now!
This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
- Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
- Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
- Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
- Leads projects when needed
- Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
- Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
- Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
- Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
- Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:5+ years.