Senior Java Developer - Electronic Trading
Our client is a leading American international banking and financial services holding company offering banking, mortgage, insurance and financial services.
They are looking for a talented Java Developer to join their trading software development group within one of their core offices in New York, New Jersey or North Carolina.
The successful candidate will show a proven background in developing enterprise applications dealing with electronic communication networks (ECNs) and Exchanges in electronic trading.
- This is a hands-on development role in the exchange and ECN team.
- Develop and stress test high performing ECN/Exchange gateways, integrated to the electronic trading stack.
- Handling high speed market data, order routing, and Trades from multiple trading venues and broker-dealers.
- Delve into infrastructure tuning for a high-end trading application platform.
- Conduct code reviews
- Suggest and implement process improvements
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- An excellent and demonstrable expertise in Java EE (10 years), developing applications for the electronic trading space.
- Experiencewith high-speed ECN/Exchange connectivity
- Familiarity with FIX Protocols
- It is an advantage to have Fixed Income, FX and/or Equities experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- A high-level ability to detect and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of otherlanguages is a plus, particularly C++, C# and Python
- Prior experience in building high throughput, low latency electronic trading systems.
- Having experience in the trade lifecycle, electronic trading/algorithmic trading segments is an advantage