Our technology teams are responsible for the bank’s entire information technologyinfrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and otherinfrastructure units to modernise the bank’s IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobilebanking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digitaltechnology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Flow Analysis Java Developer
Corporate Title: Associate
Job Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
A Passion to Perform is what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We’re committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level, agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
About Deutsche Bank Global Technology
Deutsche Bank Global Technology (DBGT), located near the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area of North Carolina, is a dedicated software development center that presents a start-up feel within the larger Deutsche Bank organization. DBGT is a dedicated application development and software engineering center that supports the Bank to access leading technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and leading-edge IT solutions.
Position Overview/Role Description:
- If you are a smart, self-motivated individual who is keen to make a difference, we would love to speak to you. We like people with a genuine interest in development and the application of technology in the real world. Our teams develop using an agile methodology working on short development cycles and frequent high-quality deliverables
- Clear and concise communication is a must-have, as is a focus on getting things right for the customer. We work in a collaborative environment so you must have an open and analytical mind
- Design and develop new functionality
- Participate and contribute on design and code reviews
- Document design decisions, components APIs and create usage examples
- Being technology and product expert, share knowledge via demo sessions
- Ensure quality metrics of the product to meet non-functional requirements
- Work with QAs and BAs on functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with other development teams that use the frameworks for products delivery
Background and Experience:
- Relevant experience focusing on delivering UI and Server-Side solutions
- Java technology; Core Java, Messaging products (JMS, ActiveMQ), web services, XML, JSON;
- Web Development technologies – HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSP, servlets, Spring
- Experience with source version control and build system (Git, SVN, Jenkins, TeamCity, Ant, Maven etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of and hands-on multithreading experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX / Linux including shell scripts
- Proactive and delivery oriented mindset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Additional skills (would be a plus):
- Agile software development framework (Scrum
- Enterprise software design patterns
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with automated (JUnit) testing
For candidates applying for positions in the US: