Candidate will be working in an agile and fast-pacing environment, building robust and scalable components, risk calculators using new message based real-time architecture that replaces current C/C++ and DB Stored Procedure based system. New system is developed using Apache Kafka messaging and Hazelcast distributed cache. Developed using Java and will be hosted Cloud platform using OpenShift and Kuebernetes orchestration, horizontal POD autoscaler.
Candidate’s primary responsibilities include deep understanding of the new architecture, analyzing existing C++ and Stored Procedures, migrating the business logic to the new Spring Boot application processes and maintain them.
- Analyze and understand existing Insight processes and stored procedures
- Migrate existing functionality into new message based architecture, develop components and calculators and maintain.
- Understand the scope, impact and own delivery of the system in partnership with other development leads.
- Communicate/Coordinate with the Project Manager(s)/BA regarding configuration, releases and defects.
- Review all requirements and prepare/contribute to Design decisions & testing strategy.
- Contribute in continuous SME build out on the various Insight risk calculations, limit monitoring and reporting processes.
Your future colleagues
Insight is Investment Bank's Global Credit Risk Monitoring System, used by Credit Risk Officers for Limit monitoring and pre deal checks. We have 5 highly collaborative product teams that works closely to deliver regulatory, business and strategic changes. These teams’ comprises of developers, testers and scrum masters with strong expertize on C++, Java, Spring Boot. Under Insight 2.0, the team is working in fast paced environment to build highly distributed system near real time system that will replace the legacy Insight system. The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Software development experience of ~10 years, preferably in Banking Industry and/or Financial Services
- Advanced Java server side development skills with understanding of core Java, design patterns, multithreading and coding for performance are essential.
- Proficient in database, including analyzing, understanding stored procedures
- Hands-on experience working with Spring/Spring Boot frameworks
- Prior experience working with real time messaging systems such as JMS essential. Experience with Kafka is plus.
- Prior experience working with enterprise distributed caches is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with Linux platform. Shell scripting skills is a plus.
- Prior experience working on Cloud container technologies, OpenShift, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Prior experience working with Credit Risk systems, business knowledge on Trade, Collateral, Netting, and Sensitivity etc., is desirable.
- Exposure to SDLC tools, such as JIRA, SVN, GIT and Crucible etc.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work