The main functions of a market data developer are to design, develop, test and maintain application components, services and libraries, and to ensure that they can be supported operationally by a third party.
- Development of strategic common services, market data service and valuation service. Services provide market data and valuation to other applications.
- Integration of market data and valuation service with other services/applications.
- Support users and provide guidance to production support team.
- Responsible for providing guidance to development team from technical point-of-view.
- Mature development expertise in Java and currently hands-on.
- Strong experience with high capacity, low latency, external feed connectivity, and data distribution.
- Good experience multi-tier application architecture, and web services.
- Experienced with continuous integration and continuous deployment process, with current SDLC technology stack and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with message technologies (e.g. AMPS, Tibco/Rendezvous, MQ Series).
- Experiences in building real time trading or risk systems.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Able to work independently and solicit information when needed.
- Able to communicate to other developers with clear instruction.