The Senior Java Developer, Business Technology will design and develop complex Mutual Funds and Alternative Investments products using advanced technology platforms. The Mutual Funds and Alternative Investment products are tailored for our most affluent investors.
We are seeking an innovative engineer like you to be part of the team responsible for the re-architecture, design, development of these complex applications. Take on an exciting position, and thrive at the forefront of cutting edge applications as you design, develop and provide thought leadership on the development team. Continuously move forward in your career, as an essential member of this team in an Agile environment. Act as a key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions.
Application Development and Information Architecture
Partner with business in defining solutions
- Appliesinternal knowledge to various application solutions/improvements to enhance operational scalability
- Consistently communicates technical aspects of business processes.
- Provides context for architecture design.
- Relates experience to make hardware decisions.
- Continues to communicate with the business to deepen knowledge of the internal operations of the firm.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science, Business, MIS or related field
- 5-7 Years Related Experience, 6+ Years Total Experience
- Demonstrated experience with business analysis, financial planning & analysis, or management reporting
- Familiar with common software design patterns and object oriented design
- Strong knowledge of dynamic website design and comfort with various technologies including (SOAP Web Services, Ajax, Silverlight, Adobe Flex, ASP/ASP.NET, CGI, XML)
- Strong knowledge of the financialdatabases and business intelligence systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL with comfort in the following RDBMS systems (Oracle, SQL Server, Postrgres, Netezza, Caché)
- In depth experience with software development methodologies, software development and QA standards including (SOA,BPM,ERP,BPR,EAI)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to see the big picture and a desire to learn
- Attention to and appreciation for detail with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a high standard of integrity
- Strong leadership skills with ability to achieve results by working through others
- Proven creativity and resourcefulness in uncovering sources of information
- Ability to train and develop less experienced analysts/developers
- Team player and ability to mentor/leaddevelopers on application development best practices
- Excellent communication both verbal and written are required
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed