Our rapidly growing Silicon Valley based software company is now expanding into Rochester, and we just opened a beautiful new office which overlooks the High Falls in downtown Rochester NY. We're looking for Java developers who are passionate about designing and writing great software to join our development team.
As a member of the team, you will work with otherdevelopers, product managers and architects on our industry-leading publishing platform - Literatum. Specifically, you'll be working on our Content Management System (CMS) and Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems.
A strong applicant will demonstrate a solid grasp of both computer science fundamentals (including data structures, algorithms, and database concepts) and the techniques and tooling of modern client-server application development (including object-oriented design, version control, scripting, issue tracking, debugging, unit testing, build automation, and continuous integration).
Our valued customers include some of the largest and most prestigious names in the publishing industry. Literatum hosts nearly 9,000 journals, 13 million journal articles and more than 1,800 publication web sites for over 1,500 societies and publishers, accounting for a third of the world’s English-language scholarly journal articles.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software industry experience - experience must include developing, maintaining, and documenting large scale software implementations for a company
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong proficiency with Core Java
- SQL (especially MS SQL-Server)
- Solid understanding of data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Strong OO design and analysis. Knowledge of common design patterns and experience in using said patterns in software development
- Agile development methodologies, including SCRUM, Test-Driven Development
- Excellent understanding of servlet containers and web servers, especially Resin/Tomcat
- Proficiency navigating and administering Windows and Unix/Linux via command line
Local candidates only