The Senior Java Developer will be part of a newly created cross functional agile team to support Financial Risk Management. This individual will be part of a brand new project that will help identify Risk in semi real-time across millions of our customers. This individual will work closely with developers, business analyst and product owners.
o Performs product design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
o Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security solutions, testing, debugging, and documentation, with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
o Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
o Will interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
o Will interface with Security and Risk Management in the design and development of application security requirements and solutions.
o Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation.
o Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
o Accountable for application security principles including the development of secure coding standards and practices.
o Is a key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions.
o Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in both development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
o Mentors more junior developers, serves as an SME on their system of expertise and directs the work and assigns development tasks of JR. Developers.
o Responsible for the development and documentation of best practices for his/her area of expertise.
• 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
• 7+ Years of Java Programming experience required.
• 7+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
• 7+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• 7+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
• 7+ years’ experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Experience working with highly concurrent systems
• Full knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
• Financial services experience preferred
• Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
• Ability to interpret business requirements
• Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
• Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
• Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and makes decision
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.