Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 174 days ago
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This Senior Java Developer will be part of a new team formed to support the workplace solutions organization (stock plan services, security based lending, and others). In this role, you will perform complex software design tasks and work independently on the design, installation and maintenance of complex systems/projects. You will work with vendors, business partners, technology partners and other developers to build and deliver technical solutions. You will be asked to analyze and provide recommendations for implementing new systems, as well as extending and improving existing ones. This role also supports training, coaching and development of less experienced developers as needed.
The Senior Developer role is a leadership role within Technology. As stewards of our culture, this role is expected to model ideal behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values, Core Beliefs, and Leadership Expectations.
• Works within a team to design and implement RESTful web services to support TD Ameritrade products.
• Performs system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
• Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
• Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
• Works with business partners, both internal and external, to refine technical requirements as well as explain the implications of various choices.
• Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
• Assists in assessment of size and complexity for new projects.
• Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
• Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, validate security features, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
• Works within existing standards, but provide feedback on how those standards could be improved.
• Continuously seeks to improve the development processes to maximize agility while minimizing defects.
• Models ideal behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values, Core Beliefs, and Leadership expectations.
• Fosters and encourages team building within the team.
• Continuously improves the processes of the team through effective problem solving.
• Sets the appropriate conditions for innovation.
• Recognized as a SME on a particular system, aspect or module of a system.
• Collaborate with and give feedback to more junior team members to help them improve.
• May lead projects as needed.
• 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
• 5+ years software development experience
• 2+ years of experience developing java web services
• Experience working with highly distributed and concurrent systems.
• Experience with the Spring framework preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
• Experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Financial services experience preferred
• Familiar with Unix/Linux, Windows
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed