AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobileinternet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Senior Java (CMS) Developer to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
AccuWeather is seeking an experienced Java developer to be part of our team in charge of developing new features for and maintaining our Content Management System (CMS). AccuWeather's digital properties are among the most popular in the world and we pride ourselves in delivering incredibly fast and accurate content to millions of people every day.
This position will report to the Director of IT Digital Development and collaborate with our web development group.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be part of a small, dedicated team, whose primary responsibility is to develop and maintain our CMS that will support our main , as well as other AccuWeather digital properties
- Work with our CMS vendor, Perfect Sense Digital, to create new modules and data feeds within Brightspot, a Java based platform.
- Coordinate with web development, app development and product management teams on new features, solutions, and workflows
- Develop new code and modify existing code that adheres to standard IT principles for coding, documentation, testing, and deployment.
- Work with the team to troubleshoot system problems and issues.
- Research and develop solutions for future software releases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Experience with the BrightSpot and/or Dari Framework highly desired but not necessary. Training will be provided.
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience programming in Java (not including coursework)
- Familiarity with common Java dev and QA tools such as Git, Yarn, Maven and JUnit
- An eye for UI/UX/Design a plus, but not required
- Experience with lightweight REST APIs – creating, processing and consuming JSON, XML, and RSS data
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms and principles desired but not required
- Experience with agile software development methods in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently on projects as assigned