Skip continually looks for high performers who are excited to join our entrepreneurial team to revolutionize food ordering and the delivery industry. We are a technology and logistics company that partners with restaurants across North America to provide access to top restaurants. Skip simplifies this process and provides an exceptional experience to users by leveraging leading-edge technology and an extensive courier network.
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging.
- Ability to deliver best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services and message brokers, especially Spark Java, SNS/SQS, AMQ, RabbitMQ.
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews.
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS systems such as RDS, ECS, Cloudwatch, Elasticache, SNS/SQS, Lambdas, S3.
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration.
- Experience with data persistence in relational, unstructured and/or cached forms, especially MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch. Useful to have experience with MongoDB, MariaDB, Memcached, and PSQL.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging.
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services.
- Strong understanding of microservice and message-based architecture
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8 lambdas and streaming functionality.
- Solid experience working and supporting high volume high availability production environments.
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, and code reviews.
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, deployment and integration
- Work with data persistence in relational, SQL, unstructured and/or cached forms.
How We Work:
- We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head-on as a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
- We hold ourselves to the highest operational standards - availability, scalability, and security