What you will get to do:
The Senior J2EE Engineer is responsible for support and maintenance of applications using a variety of technologies that support multiple lines of Business and IT initiatives. The incumbent may work independently or collaborate with a smaller group of developers in similar efforts. The incumbent is responsible for J2EE administration, technical analysis, development, testing, and deployment of IT solutions as needed by Business or IT. The Senior J2EE Engineer works closelywith other subject matter experts and works on delivering technology solutions and troubleshooting issues related to J2EE application servers, TIBCO Suite, web services, ESB, SOA, and distributed applications. The Senior J2EE Engineer understands the concepts of J2EE administration and troubleshooting of issues related to applications running in the environment including an understanding of web service protocols such as SOAP and REST. The Senior J2EE Engineersupports H/W, S/W, and server settings, patch maintenance, and documentation for application servers. Incumbent provides input as needed to management for application architecture planning.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or workexperience
- Major: Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience in one or more of: Middleware administration, J2EEsupport, Technical Systems Analyst, system administration/support or business and/or technical architecture
Specific Types of Experience Required:
- 4+ years’ experience as a WebLogic application server administrator or other J2EE technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with web services, SOA, distributed applications and interoperability – understanding of web service protocols such as SOAP and REST
- Over 5 years’ experience integrating and supporting corporate tools and applications.
- Apply in-depth understanding of business and IT requirements to streamline administration and internal processes, resulting in enhanced automation and operational efficiency.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in the designing, deploying, monitoring, configuring and troubleshooting of enterprise solutions in a health care environment
- Proven track record of using best practices to serve business needs in an efficient manner so as to increase IT bandwidth for new functionality
- Familiarity with iterative development life cycle and methodology
- Hands-on experience with message-oriented Middleware, Java, and other relevant technologies (i.e., XML, XPath, HTTP, JMS, IBM WebSphere MQ, EMS and RV)
- Good experience with RDBMS (especially Oracle), SQL, PL/SQL.
- Must have experience with enterprise application integration development withsolid working knowledge of Windows and LINUX/UNIX
- Proficient with the following tools and skills: Data Query Tools (TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, etc).
- Database Knowledge in SQL Server 7/2000/2005, Oracle 8.x/9.x, Microsoft Access
- Application Server experience in WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat or IIS
- Web Technologies: JSP, JDBC, ASP, ADO, COM+, ODBC, XML/XSLT, HTML
Skills & Abilities
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Superior communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong functional spec and technical documentation skills