So, what does a TaskUs Sr. IT Systems Engineer really do? Think of yourself as a leader for TaskUs, accountable for our Windows Server, Storage and Cloud Computing Platforms. Imagine yourself going to work with one thing on your mind: Spending your day to help support and build the disruptive force behind TaskUs. Your role was designed to map requirements, plan solutions, and successfully execute strategies to roll out the next project squarely aimed at turning the industry on its head. Your achievements are gauged not on hours worked, but on the success or failure of projects and launches.
You love partnering with people to understand their needs and requirements and come up with creative approaches to make them successful. You care deeply about the overall business and look for ways to add value. You like being part of a team that delivers excellence. You're entrepreneurial and resourceful. You're passionate about making the world a better place. You like being held accountable for your own results. You are also able to provide world-class service and satisfaction. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
Server Systems (SS) Engineering and Provisioning:
- Engineering of SS-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Define, develop and document new systems deployment processes in accordance with criteria established by Systems Architect (SA).
- Develop, document, and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Function as a core member of the standardization team. In concert with the SA and Systems Engineer, define and annually validate systems processes and deployment documentation.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support:
- Routinely validate SS monitoring and alerting platforms to ensure the integrity and availability of all SS (including cloud) hardware, resources, and key processes.
- Oversee patching solutions to validate patching compliance criteria are met, platform is functioning optimally, and accuracy of compliance reporting.
- Perform regular server security log audits to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Routinely audit SS resource utilization, provision or procure hardware as needed, and maintain available storage below system capacity.
- Provide Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III support per request from various constituencies; assist (mentor) Systems Administrators (SA) with investigative and troubleshooting efforts as needed/time permitting.
- Participate in on-call rotation and maintain availability during rotation to handle/facilitate any systems recovery actions as needed to maintain systems availability and integrity.
- Monitor systems and identify areas of opportunity: ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Document, upgrade and configure new system software that supports production infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical major (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- 7+ years of progressive technical experience
- 3+ years of experience in a production center
- MCSE, MCSA - Desired
- Active Directory Services, DNS, Active Directory Site Replication
- Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Templates
- User, Group, and Computer Object Permissions
- Microsoft Clustering, SQL 2012, SQL AlwaysOn Clusters, DB Mirroring
- vMware vSphere 5.5, 6.0, 6.5
- Powershell, Powershell Scripting, Command line, and batch files
- SS Best Practices
- Strong business acumen
- Flexibility to sometimes work evenings/weekends, sometimes with little advance notice
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
Nice To Haves:
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Dell Ques Backup Appliance
- Manage Engineer Patch Management, Desktop Central, Service Desk
- Solarwinds SAM and NPM
TaskUs provides next generation customer experience that powers the world's most disruptive companies through the partnership of amazing people and innovative technology.
We provide Ridiculously Good strategy, business process optimization, revolutionary technology and the best talent to deliver transformational, digital scale.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We embrace a culture that fosters a best-in-class employee experience. It's no wonder we have been named as one of the "Best Places to Work" by the LA Business Journal and San Antonio Business Journal.
TaskUs has been recognized on the Inc. "5,000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America" list the past five years and The Los Angeles Business Journal's "100 Fastest Growing Private Companies" the previous three years. TaskUs is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with operations across the United States, Latin America and the Philippines.