SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring that IT's customer base experiences professional and efficient service when being assisted with day to day IT needs, as well as, project-based IT assistance. This position will have a hand in virtually every aspect of IT in the company, including but not limited to, Software Deployment, Patch Management, Single-Sign-On, VPN services, VOIP telephony, Video Conferencing, Systems Imaging, Digital Signage, Networking, Cloud Storage and Enterprise Monitoring and Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the day-to-day operational support for MyoKardia infrastructure (clients, server, storage and network) and platforms (G Suite, Office 365, Box, etc.)
- Leads, mentors and develops other team members
- Builds, patches, tests (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deploys complex systems and platforms meeting MyoKardia’s needs and specifications.
- Leads in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure and platforms with the goal of enhancing performance.
- Performs complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Performs complex platform, software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
- Configures security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals.
- Provides technical support (Service Desk) to users by troubleshooting problems related to network or platform performance.
- Documents complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software and hardware.
- Leads the configuration and maintenance of office and/or production software, adjunct support and/or utility software, i.e. Virus malware protection, office application suites and/or application software.
- Works with Business Applications, vendors, consultants, contractors, and IT personnel from other Departments.
- Manages 3rd party vendors and service providers as needed
- Trains Service Desk and Deskside teams to support the MyoKardia platforms and infrastructure
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and 8 years of related experience; or,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require certification in assigned area.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience and/or combination of experience and education/training research in IT
- Two plus years as an Infrastructure team lead
- Four plus years of experience as an IT System Engineer
- Four plus years of customer service experience
- All the following are desirable: G Suite, MS Office Cert (MOUS), MCP, ITIL (all), Project Management Courses
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Ability to mentor and lead other Infrastructure team members
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Experienced in test planning, test case development and execution.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, experience with Enterprise Cloud platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Project or Smartsheet, Office and Visio.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside of own area of expertise