The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution.
This position plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems and mentors and guides other Business Systems Analysts.
In addition, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst serves as the liaison between business users and technologyprogrammers to understand user needs and develop requiredreporting and data analysis and may serve in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts.
- Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, non-functional and/or technical specifications
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts
- Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution
- Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports
- Assists in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations. This will result in recommendations for the installation of new systems or equipment, or to change existing systems and equipment
- Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters
- Checks, instructs, assigns work, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
- Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the requiredyears of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Eight or more years of experience in developing requirements and performing system analysis (examples – utilizing use cases and stories development for articulating business requirements)
- Five or more years of experience of major software systems implementation experience
- Strong understanding of the Project Management Life Cycle
- Four or more years of analysis experience
- Ability to analyze and document process and data flow
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Ability to effectively work with bothinternal and external clients
- Knowledge of Primary and Clinical Care operations and functional models
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or other field
- Experience with project management and project control methodologies
- Experience process re-engineering and best practice implementations
- Experience and understanding of Mergers and Acquisitions