Position Specific Description
NextEra Analytics is looking for an experienced senior system administrator to join our growing team of high performing IT, software engineering and data science professionals. Qualified candidates will have a verifiable record showing multiple years of success building and maintaining UNIX and cloud-based solutions in a product development environment. Experience helping development teams build and deploy applications in public cloud and supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment is essential. Primary responsibilities will include administering, supporting and troubleshooting NextEra Analytics custom cloud-based and on-premise solutions. This position also includes responsibility for the design, implementation, support and management of the NextEra Analytics' enterprise infrastructure (both physical and virtual environments).
The desired qualifications specific to this position include:
• 5+ years of UNIX administration experience
• 2+ years of experience working in AWS platform, including:
o proficiency in administration of EC2, S3, Auto Scaling, and IAM policies
o Ability to select the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
o Estimate AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms.
o Evaluating, recommending, and implementing enhancements to the current architectural and AWS services
o Understanding of AWS network, security and encryption technologies (e.g., advanced VPC concepts)
o Strong troubleshooting skills (e.g., solid understanding of CloudWatch, VPC Flow Logs, CloudTrail)
• Experience with infrastructure/configuration/orchestration management tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation)
• Experience with container technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, AWS EKS)
• Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud
• Ability to code/script in languages commonly used by system administrators or DevOps team members (e.g., Python, PowerShell, bash)
• Experience with on-premise and cloud-based databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
• Experience with GIT version control system
This position installs, configures, and maintains computing infrastructure, operating systems, and middleware products on all computer platforms, including mainframes, workstations, and servers - including web servers - in support of 24-hour-per-day, seven-day-per-week business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluates, implements, and modifies operating system software parameters and product solutions for optimum performance
• Identifies integration and other interface requirements for all supported products and platforms
• Serves as a technical escalation point for technicians and customers
• Troubleshoots hardware, system and application issues
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
• Bachelor's Degree