Senior IT Support Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
The Senior IT Support Engineer provides full cycle ticket management to company employees. This position manages email and help desk-side technical support for Octave Group employees. The position conducts needs assessments, evaluates assistance currently being offered and develops approaches to enhance company capabilities for user support. The position triages tickets, manages support related projects as assigned, mentors IT Support Engineers, and is an escalation point for Tier 1 staff. This person is expected to be passionate about providing excellent customer service, helping employees with technical issues and handling varying technology platforms. The chosen candidate will have at least 4-6 years’ technical experience in software and hardware troubleshooting, analysis and general problem-solving with a strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Provide first and second level technical support to Octave Group employees
- Monitor and respond efficiently to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Triage tickets based on business impact
- Manage support related projects as assigned
- Mentors IT Support engineers
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Manage the setup of accounts and equipment for employee use, and provide training services to Octave Group employees. Perform and ensure proper installation of cabling, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Manage employee data back-ups
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms.
- Manage and monitor internal IT assets to ensure accurate inventory
- Monitors security updates and ensures employees are up to date
- Management of File sharing servers, security & storage
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- A four-yeardegree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field of study or equivalent
- 4-6 years’ experience of local and remote customer support
- Experience with Windows 7/10
- Experience with Mac OSX
- Active Directory experience with user creation, management and security
- Antivirus and desktop proxy software
- Familiarity with VoIP Phone Systems
- File server and NTFS permissions management
- Client connectivity – Ethernet, wireless and VPN
- Mobile phone support
- Desktop imaging
- Ability to work after hours and/or on weekends when required
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Exceptional customer service skills A MUST!
- Leads by example and exemplifies the Octave Group Core Values in actions and behaviors
- Inspires others through his/her professionalism and work integrity
- Responds creatively to “continuous change” and steady growth environment
- Excellent work ethic, initiative, self motivation, and ability to work independently
- Solutions-oriented team player
- Project management & adhesion to completion requirements
- High level of confidentiality and discretion a must
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and willingness to tackle new technologies
- Actively seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States