Senior IT Support Analyst
Our client, a regional healthcare organization, is seeking an experienced IT professional to join their team, located in the Northeast Region of the US, to work in the capacity of Senior IT Support Analyst.
The chosen candidate will join the organization's risk review team to capture/retain more revenue by emphasizing cost-effective treatment plans and more successful patient outcomes. The ideal candidate should possess experience closely working with customers and design teams in prioritizing data and information requirements.
*Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation.
* Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
* Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
* Determine how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
* Use broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems.
* Lead driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
* Lead defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects.
* Create and/or develop new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
* Perform modeling of data sources and flows, work with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
* Provide assistance and, depending on skill and experience, lead with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
Best Industry ? Healthcare
Best Department ? Information Technology
Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related discipline. MSdegree is a strong plus, but not required.
2 ? 5 years of SAS/SQL experience in the health care/services industry is required.
Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a IT Support Analyst or equivalent training and experience in a business or clinical environment with direct responsibility for applying technology is required.
Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases.
Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products (Business Objects, Cognos, and Enterprise Guide, etc.) are required.
Experience developing and maintaining moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle) is required.
Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, organizational, presentation and interpersonal) are required.
Experience utilizing MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS Project) is required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.