*Position may be performed remotely.
Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking a Senior IT Subject Matter Expert to provide oversight and contract support for a range of NOAA Programs within the Information Technology Services office. The Senior IT Subject Matter Expert will apply their knowledge across mission-critical IT projects using specialized knowledge in IT Security, enterprise IT tools and processes, IT strategy and architecture, IT systems analysis, and IT systems development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee intrusion prevention, detection, continuous diagnostics and mitigation.
- Responsible for security Training, Malware defense, incident notification, detecting/alerting/blocking unauthorized assets, incident management and response attainment and renewal of system ATOs (Authorizations to operate).
- Lead vulnerability testing and analysis, research and development in producing whitepapers and proof of concepts for new cutting-edge security tools and technology.
- Supervise packet analysis, identify malformed packets, and analyze the payload of a packet network protocols and routing.
- Participate in assessments and authorizations (A&A)
- Write and maintain processes, procedures, test/assessment results, presentations, papers, articles and other types of documents as required.
- Supervise the evaluation of complex IT requirements based on contracts, technical specifications, and customer briefings to define system requirements and develop organized actionable tasks.
- Determine equipment, technology, and protocol suitability for system integration.
- Define features, capabilities, and changes for future upgrades to Government systems.
- Anticipate problems, develop and evaluate solutions and alternative approaches, anticipate events and incident management, conduct change management, and problem management tracking.
- Supervise the validation of systems documentation; documentation includes rack drawings, system interconnects, power tables, site-wide system installation plans, sparing plans, and operations manuals.
- Supervise the validation and verification of system-level connectivity for operations to include servers, management appliances, local area networking equipment, and wide area networking equipment.
- Develop, execute, and update test plans in support of ad hoc test milestones; includes goals, architecture, environment, and validation of test procedures.
- Respond to customer problems resulting from catastrophic events, incident response and power outages.
- Develops innovative solutions in cloud and infrastructure technologies.
- Research and development on emerging cloud, infrastructure, and virtualization technology, tools, and capabilities, including evaluating processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of cloud(s).
- Provide consultation to both NOAA customers and staff within own specialty discipline.
- Support customer in understanding of IT security business trends and objectives.
- Supports implementation of strategy and management of support services within IT Security.
- Prepare contract deliverable reports.
- Respond to data calls and provide input to requests for information and requests for proposals as directed.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to lower-level IT Security personnel involved in performing difficult and highly complex IT Security assignments relative to the modification and/or development of IT Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Ten (10) to Twelve (12) years?experience related to job description and a minimum of two (2) years?experience as a Government IT systems manager.
- Five (5) years?experience supporting NOAA IT programs.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Capable of obtaining a Secret Security Clearance, preference will be given to those with active Secret Security Clearances.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good customer support and communication skills
- Proven ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
Start Date: ASAP.
Location: Position may be performed remotely.
Salary: Position is between 20-40 hours per week, with excellent employee benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ONLY. Go to , click on Now Hiring, find the position you wish to apply for, click the 'For More Information' link for that position, follow instructions on the page to apply. (no emails)
- When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of the online application.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.