Senior IT Solutions Delivery Manager - Cash Management
At Bank of the West, we believe the West is more than a place; it’s a state of mind. It’s a spirit that says there’s opportunity out here for anyone with the courage and drive to reach out and grab it. We believe the customer is at the core of everything we do, and we take a real and human approach to banking. Our brand personality is reflective of modern Western values: open, straightforward, entrepreneurial, optimistic and innovative. What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members - we seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity. Position SummaryThis position isresponsiblefor leading several IT work-streams of the multi-million dollar Cash Management Transformation program.
- Ensuring that the right team and the right individuals and skill-sets are in place to deliver state-of-the art customer onboarding and servicing tools for the Commercial Cash Management business.
- Developing long-term business transformation and digitization plan and roadmaps to improve overall technology capabilities that include process automation, removing current systems bottle-necks, moving off legacy platforms and developing new capabilities.
- Understanding the technical capabilities of competitors and craft progressive strategy and plans that will differentiate Bank of the West.
- Partnering with Enterprise Architecture to rationalize and modernize the technical capabilities and build new capabilities such as API banking, automation and digital capabilities.
- Leading all systems development and integrations for several work-streams of the Cash Management transformation program.
- Leading the implementation and customization of CM Mobile solutions.
- Partnering with multiple IT teams (infrastructure, shared services, data, and application support) and vendors to deliver initiatives.
- Leading a Solution Delivery team and act as a key business partner for the business unit. Provide strategy, technology leadership and management of project execution.
- Partners on business strategy and needs and align with the technology roadmap.
- Directs the execution of technology solutions that deliver client value and lasting business impact, including delivering the benefits outlined in the business case.
- Ensures that development is highly strategic and focuses on maintaining the reliability and functionality essential to internal/external constituents.
- Counsels on design and architecture, internal development or outsourcing, project management and overall life cycle and implementation activities for a wide range of applications and services for lines of business or cross business use.
- Creates transparency into the project portfolio and ongoing production support capital and operating expenses and budgets. Reports on key technology success metrics.
- Adopts and executes standards as established through the SDLC and enterprise architecture.
- Drives delivery of new technology initiatives through combination of outsourced software implementation and internal services integration and/or development.
- Directs and coordinates the end-to-end delivery of multiple projects from idea to implementation.
- Proactively leads the team of engineers and vendors to deliver high quality solutions with minimal defects.
- Partners with the enterprise program office to contribute best practices and transform the organizations software development capabilities.
- Partners with our business units, understand the strategy and driver for our products and make sure that our solutions meet the requirements.
- Partners with other IT teams to make sure that all aspects of business technology needs are met.
- Ensures projects are realistic, interesting, and fun for everyone involved.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or information systems or a related field required.
- Experience in the fields of Commercial Banking or Cash Management.
- Certification such as PMP or Six Sigma and/or finance related certification(s) such as CFA
- Minimum of 15+ years of proven IT leadership and software delivery management experience in the financial services industry.
- Financial domain knowledge in the area of Commercial Banking and/or Cash Management.
- Proven track record of developing and deploying state of art of Mobile solutions.
- Proven track record for leading digital transformation work .
- Strong software delivery leadership capable of running diverse multi-location engineering and QA teams;
- Agile experience (SCRUM master, iteration plans, multiple work streams, …);
- Extensive software integration experience of both internal and vendor products using up-to-date API technologies.
- Ability to engage and articulate across all levels of the Bank.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with 3rd party vendors and select and integrate major vendor software.
- Experience with adopting and executing technical standards, processes and governance across a broad project portfolio.
- Extensive experience with formal SDLC methodologies including Agile.
- Ability to think on your feet, present multiple solution options, and drive reliable technical solutions.
- Extensive experience on SSO solutions, Authentication and authorization using 2FA , Biometrics.
- Experience with FIDO alliance standards like U2F/UAF
Field of Experience
- World-class communicator.
- Track record of proactive successful leadership in matrixed organizations.
- Exceptional relationship skills and collaborative approach in working with lines of business.
- Extensive experience in IT delivery in the Banking industry.
- Experience with J2EE technologies , Android and IOS development
- Experience with frontend frameworks like Angular , React
- Experience with Site Minder , OAuth and related technologies
- Experience in implementing CI/CD process like Jenkins etc
- Experience with JIRA, ALM ,GitHub , Subversion , Maven
- Technology agnostic and able to combine and integrate multiple internal and vendor solutions.
- Capable of drafting detailed systems strategy and roadmaps including moving from legacy to modern API architecture and managing the delivery of the roadmap.
- Leading the delivery of highly technical software architecture.
- Developing and maintaining high performing high availability mission critical applications.
Leadership Competencies/Personal Attributes:
- Experience within a highly matrixed, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to effectively advise and communicate.
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Skillful at managing through change; comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management ability and detail-orientation
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Empathetic and diplomatic
- Highest standards of ethics and personal integrity
- Strong business acumen and problem solving ability
- Business-minded, marketing focused and technology savvy.
- Displays high intellectual capacity, sound professional judgment and discretion to lead in complex, changing, and ambiguous environments
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals - clearly conveys information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to external vendors and individuals throughout the Bank including senior and executive management
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout Bank of the West
- Displays advanced decision making and analysis skills - draws information and broad knowledge to make timely and logical decisions that provide practical solutions
- Adaptability - responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures
- Personal Ownership - Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Leads medium size teams and projects of large scope and complexity.