The Sr. Software Engineer is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
The Sr. Software Engineer is also responsible for developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This individual facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
The Sr. Software Engineer supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) and participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases.
Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications; recommending technical solutions that meet design and functional needs; collaborating with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; writing, reviewing, and/or validating clear technical specifications and documentation; identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions to support technical solutions while incorporating architectural designs
Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages; applying various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall); building partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specifications; producing and validating design artifacts (e.g., object models, sequence diagrams) to help others understand and adhere to company coding standards; leading, mentoring, and training large teams of technical resources to develop complex software applications; developing, validating, and executing component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications; working with IT teams to revise applications based on test results as appropriate
Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly sharing information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; seeking performance feedback; adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback
Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities
This position is responsible for advanced knowledge of integration products and methodologies that connect two different systems together with the goal of providing and supporting integration middleware solutions which involve large scale inter-disciplinary objectives with distributed systems that are embedded in networks at multiple levels.Some of the unique challenges this position will face include expert knowledge of cross functional systems and the ability to bridge gaps between teams.The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include basic knowledge in one or more of the following, based on the integration technology area being supported: Java, COBOL, JSP, MQ, Datapower (XSD/XLST), WebMethods, Informatica, API Management Platforms, and SOA technics.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 7+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 4+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 5+ years of experience in database technologies
• 5+ years of experience in MQ development support.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 6 years EDI experience.
• 6 years experience programming with COBOL and JCL.
• 6 years experience with J2EE, Java, and JSP Development Technologies.
• 6 years experience developing WebMethods solutions.
• 6 years experience developing Datapower solutions.
• 3 years experience using Endevor.
• 3 years experience object oriented application development.
• 2 years experience applying Agile development practices.
• 3+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 4+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 3+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 5+ years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 5+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 5+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or software solution providers
• 5+ years of experience working with application and integration middleware
• 5+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
• 5+ years of experience working with source code control systems
• 5+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 5+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
Job ID 1496469BR