Senior Security Engineer
SSL/MDA is leader in commercial satellite manufacturing is currently looking for a Sr. Security Engineer who will report directly to the Director of Security
- Evangelize security across the engineering team and other business departments
- Be very active and self-motivated in assessing risks and expressing concerns toengineering and operations teams
- Develop and execute securityprocesses, policies, and procedures.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and resolve vulnerabilities
- Participate in incident response and management as required 24x7
- Participate in multiple Projects and manage large projects as required
- Drive defense-in-depth security for the organization to protect critical IT assets and data.
- Design the people, processes, and technology systems to enable an effective security program including:
- Security infrastructure device management
- Security and critical IT monitoring
- Threat management
- Vulnerability management
Serve as an information security subject matter expert
Complete assessments and coordinate responses to threats/attacks to the technology infrastructure and supported applications/systems.
- Hands-on experience implementing security infrastructure management and monitoring tools.
- Strong background in Linux operating systems and command line interfaces.
- Understanding of attack vectors, exploits, and hacking tools.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, process improvement, and problem-solving skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate withboth technical and non-technical staff.
- Able to work both independently and with technology staff to accomplish multiple tasks and projects
- Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of related leadership and technical experience.
- 2 to 3 years of project management experience.
- 5 to 6 years of security engineering, design and architecture, implementation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Well versed in networking products/technologies such as: routing and routing protocols, L2/L3 switching, Next Gen firewalls, IPS/IDS, AAA, Remote Access, VPN, SIEM, IAM, Encryption, VDI, and Mobile security
- Able to work with network engineers and provide sound advice ontechnologies
- Knowledgeable with Windows, Apple and Linux OS in both workstation and server environments
- Ability to work off hours as required to support company impacting efforts
- Knowledgeable with Mobile technology
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Able to supervise and mentor
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
- Excellent project planning/ time management skills
- Experience with large ERP/PLM/MES applications is a plus